The current software revision of Telelabs is dated June 2005 but has been re-built in LabVIEW 8.6 in July 2009. Please make sure your software is up-to-date.
Follow these steps to install the required software to operate the Telelabs system. Please note that the software can only be used on Windows compatible systems. We have not yet tested it under Vista but we expect it will work fine.
Step 1: Download and install
the LabVIEW 2010 Runtime Engine
This will allow you to run LabVIEW programs
- Connect to National Instruments Web Site (100+ MByte download, but only needed once)
Step 2: Download and install
the Labs Online login client
(Current version: August 2011 Build in LabVIEW 2010, communication protocol is still the 2005 Server Version)
- telelabs-setup.exe (20
MB - includes telerobot and other clients)
This step needs to be done once initially, and then again any time a new version of the login client is released
Step 3: Update your client libraries
- Log in to the Telelabs system using the Labs Online Login client and your user information. If you are a registered UWA student user, use your student number as your login ID and password, then change your password using the 'Edit Details' tab.
- Select the 'Verify System' tab in the 'Student Hallway' panel.
- Click the 'Update My System' button.
- The client libraries are about 3 MBytes, so please be patient if you are using a slower Internet connection.
- This step needs to be done once initially, and then again any time a new version of the client libraries are released.